Here’s your chance to tell me what you want more and less of on from Make & Do Crew and enter an epic yarn-lovers giveaway while you’re at it!
Hey friends. This post is sort of a digital love note from me to you. When I started Make & Do Crew in November of 2015, I had a craft room that looked like a mini Michael’s and a head full of ideas.
You see, before Make & Do Crew, I worked in advertising (think Peggy in Mad Men). My job was to have ideas. About chip companies. About insurance companies. About cable companies. It’s a pretty fun way to earn a living, but the job demands required A LOT of sacrifice from my husband and eventually my kids.
Make & Do Crew my personal experiment in creating ideas that for things I care about. Empowering people to make something with their hands. The feeling that comes with mastering a new skill. The joy of following your creativity and seeing where it leads. This is the stuff that lights me up.
I had intended to share giveaway about a month ago when Make & Do Crew turned one. But holy mistletoe, December is apparently a pretty busy month for yarn bloggers.
So here it is, a thank you note from me to you. If you have visited my site, shared my posts, used my affiliate links, purchased a pattern, left a friendly comment or just enjoyed from a distance this past year, THANK YOU. I have found incredible satisfaction in getting to know you and growing creatively together.
As my way of saying thanks, I’ve put together a giveaway of some of my absolute favorite companies and indie-makers in the DIY, crochet space. The winner of this giveaway is going to receive one seriously fun package of crochet goodness in the mail!
The yarn-lovers prize pack includes:
• A “Hip Hip Crochyay” tote bag from Crochyay Boxes. Crochyay Boxes is a monthly subscription that delivers crafty crochet goodness to your mailbox each month. Um, yes please. I have one of these bags and I ADORE it!
• Utility Scissors from Paper Gold Co. These scissors are not just unique and modern, they are seriously sharp! These are my favorite pair of scissors I own (and there’s some pretty stiff competition in my scissor collection).
• 3 skeins of Wool and the Gang “Feeling Good Yarn.” I have truly never felt anything like this yarn. It feels like petting a freshly bathed kitten. It’s THAT soft.
• A “Crochet is BAE” oversized coffee mug from TL Yarn Crafts. Don’t know what BAE means? I didn’t at first either. It stands for “Before anything else.” This mug is the perfect way to pay tribute to your love of crochet AND get your caffeine fix!
• 3 Skeins of Lion Brand Lion’s Pride Woolspun. This yarn is one of my Lion Brand faves. It’s chunky, smooth, modern and creates great stitch definition. In fact, we use it in my Modern Crochet 101 course!
Enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post (right below the survey)! Giveaway closes Monday, Jan 16, 2017 at 11:59pm. Open to US and Canadian residents.
The 2017 Reader Survey
The survey below takes 90 seconds to complete and will be invaluable in helping me know which kinds of free patterns and tutorials to create for you in the upcoming year. All the answers are completely anonymous except the last question which is your optional giveaway entry. THANK YOU!
WANT MORE FREE CROCHET PATTERNS?
I've got more free crochet goodness for you that'll knock your little handmade socks off.