1. I picked up this festive feathery number at Michael’s this week, on sale for about $18. Sure looks snazzy on our front door, but there’s a part of me that can’t get over how many pretty birds had to bite the dust so I could a feathery circle on our front door. Mixed feelings…
2. The Little got into a sparing match with some blueberries this week. By the looks of this “shiner,” who do you think won?
3. We’ve survived the first week of Daylight Savings time! It’s not my favorite. And it has very much convinced me that we need to buy some lamps. It’s bummer to be working in the dark at 4:45 in the afternoon.
4. This week we tried this Taco Chicken Chili recipe. It was a refreshing take on the usual chili thing and the hardest part of all the cooking was getting the crock pot out of hard to reach cabinet. I love recipes like this that can be made almost exclusively from things I usually buy at Costco. Makes me feel like I’m making proper use of that $50 annual membership.
5. Coffee time and a little belly show with Auntie Jamie!
6. Like a squirrel preparing for winter, I’m been collecting little bits of nature for a tutorial I’ll share with you next week. Stay tuned, little chipmunks! (UPDATE: Here’s the autumn garland tutorial!)
And a reminder that I’ll be at the Michael’s in Thornton, CO tomorrow from 1-4:00 helping to host their Pinterest party. If you live anywhere within about 1,000 miles and you hop in the car right now, you might be able to make it! I’d love to see you there.
So what did you DIY this week? Hopefully you already own lamps and weren’t doing it in the dark like I was…
WANT MORE FREE PATTERNS?
Get exclusive free crochet patterns, DIY inspiration and project templates that'll knock your handmade socks off!