1. We spent this past week in a postcard. Or at least, it felt like it. We were in the mountains with our friends Danny and McCall at this magical cabin. Highlights included making s’mores in the fireplace, knocking down human-sized icicles and seeing a real, live moose in the driveway.
2. The munchkin also got to sit in her first snow “chair” wearing one of her seven snowsuits. (I’m not even kidding about this snowsuit business. I dare you to have a baby in November in CO and end up with fewer than a half dozen fluffy little baby get-ups.)
3. We visited an adorable gift and fabric shop while we were there called Magical Scraps. Check out these decidedly magical trees that were growing outside.
4. New project alert–more hexagons! These are made of fabric though and sewn by hand. Sometimes I just love a good old-fashioned hand sewn project. It really satisfies my inner Laura Ingalls Wilder. More details coming soon.
5. I HATE getting peanut butter in the jelly when I’m making a sandwich, so after spreading the PB, I typically wipe the knife with napkin before I dive into the jelly. Well, about three decades into my career as a PB&J sandwich artist, it finally dawned on me: Put the damn jelly on first! A real “aha” moment as Oprah would call it. Am I the only one that’s always thought the PB needed to be spread on its bready home before the jelly took its turn?
6. We have an address! That is not to say we have a finished house yet, but some numbers by the front door is a step in the right direction.
What did you make and do this week? Sure hope it included some s’mores and PB&J!
WANT MORE FREE PATTERNS?
Get exclusive free crochet patterns, DIY inspiration and project templates that'll knock your handmade socks off!