Want to get your original pattern idea in front of a new audience of enthusiastic crocheters? Apply by June 19, 2019 to guest post right here on Make & Do Crew!
Since our first round of guest designer partnerships has been so successful, we’re opening Make & Do Crew to guest crochet pattern submissions for the winter season.
We’re Accepting Guest Designer Patterns for Winter 2019-20!
Are you a crochet pattern designer? A blogger? Maybe aspire to do both? I’d be thrilled to share your creative take on crochet with the M&DC readers!
Make and Do Crew has grown to exceed my wildest expectations in the last three years and I’m so excited at this new way to welcome you into the inner folds of the the Crew. Read on below to learn how you can apply to be a guest designer!
Guest Posting On Make And Do Crew
We’re so excited about your interest in guest posting on MakeAndDoCrew.com. You have your own unique flavor of cro-jo (crochet mojo) and we want the Crew to get to know you through sharing a pattern design!
The application to be a guest designer on Make & Do Crew is open through June 19, 2019. (Patterns are due Oct 10, 2019.) Get the full scoop and apply below!
A little more about what we’re looking for:
• Creative makers with strong pattern writing skills and an ability to deliver beautiful, thoughtful photos. From you, we’ll need a written blog post introducing your pattern, the actual written pattern and 5-10 photos showing the finished project and any tricky steps along the way. You do NOT need to have a massive online following to apply!
• Modern, on-trend and approachable crochet designs focused on wearable garments, accessories and homewares. Beginner to advanced-beginner patterns with clearly photographed tutorials are always well-loved by the Crew. If you’d like more insight into what we like to share here on the blog, poke around the crochet pattern archives and think about how to bring your own voice and aesthetic to what we already know works here.
• Patterns will publish November 2019-April 2020, so consider the both the winter and approaching spring/summer season in the US when brainstorming designs.
A little more about what you’ll get:
• The Make & Do Crew audience is an engaged group of crochet-lovers and we know they’ll love you too. With over 400,000 social media followers and 100,000 email subscribers, your pattern will be seen by a new audience of enthusiastic crocheters.
Your guest blog post will include and introduction and closing that discusses you as the designer and links to your online home (blog/Etsy store, etc) and your social profiles. Social posts will tag you and celebrate you as the designer. We want the Crew to get to know you! (You can see some examples of past guest posts here.)
• Lion Brand has generously agreed to provide yarn for all guest post projects. Read more on that in the application below. If Lion Brand is interested in creating a kit from your pattern, you will work out the financial details of that agreement separately. (Make & Do Crew will not be involved.)
• You retain the rights to sell the pattern in PDF form and license the pattern to yarn companies and print publications.
• If you have previously guest posted on Make & Do Crew, feel free to apply again.
Have other specific questions we didn’t answer here? Send a note to [email protected] and Jamie or I will get back to you asap.
Thanks so much for your interest in applying. I appreciate you sharing your creativity with us. We’ll get back to you by mid-July 2019 to let you know who we’ll have space for this winter.
Please subscribe to our email newsletters if you’d like to stay in the loop about further opportunities!
WANT MORE FREE PATTERNS?
Get exclusive free crochet patterns, DIY inspiration and project templates that'll knock your handmade socks off!