Follow this step-by-step tutorial to learn how to crochet a C2C popcorn stitch. This fun stitch adds lots of squishy texture to corner to corner crochet projects.
See the C2C popcorn stitch in action in these free crochet patterns:
• C2C crochet dog blanket pattern
• C2C crochet Santa blanket pattern
• C2C crochet rainbow blanket pattern
Related: 40+ Best Crochet Crochet Stitches for Blankets
C2C popcorn stitch instructions
How to Crochet the C2C Crochet Popcorn Stitch
Want some company while you crochet?
Get support (and camaraderie!) in the Make & Do Crochet Crew Facebook Group. Search “Make and Do Crochet Crew” on Facebook.com.
Permissions + Copyright
Please do not publish or share this pattern as your own. You may make items to sell with this pattern. In exchange, please link back to this page. Do NOT use my photos as your own sales photos.
- Step 1: Slst into next ch-3 turning chain. Ch 3.
- Step 2: 5 dc in same sp. Remove hook from fifth dc.
- Step 3: Re-insert hook from front to back in first of 5 dc. Then insert hook in live loop of fifth dc.
- Step 4: Keeping hook inserted in first dc, pull loop from fifth dc through first dc.
- Step 5: Ch 1 to close popcorn.
- Step 6: Dc in same sp to complete C2C popcorn tile.
- Additional Rows: To begin popcorn tile, slip stitch into chain 3 space of previous row. (Similar to typical C2C crochet.)
Overall Pattern Notes
Related: 27+ Free Crochet Hats and Beanies for Adults
Leave a Reply