You're sure to find your next project in this collection of the most popular free crochet patterns from some of my favorite crochet blogs and designers!
This post contains affiliate links.
The internet seems to be awash in free crochet patterns these days (you can find ALL of mine here!), so when my friend Kali from TheFriendlyRedFox.com suggested several of us crochet bloggers contribute our most popular pattern of 2017 to a specially curated collection, I loved the idea! Sometimes just knowing that a pattern from a crochet blog has been adored by thousands of other crocheters before you is enough insurance that you'll love making it too.
And what I personally like about this list of the most popular free patterns of 2017 is that many of them are representative of what each crochet blogger does best. Crochet amigurumi, garments, toys and blankets, this list has it all. So if you see something you like here, be sure to poke around the crochet blogs these patterns can be found on for even more inspiration. Each of these free crochet patterns is just the beginning of these designers' talent!
The Year's Most Popular Free Patterns from Crochet Blogs
1. My most popular free crochet pattern of the year was The Dwell Sweater, which is a beginner friendly cardigan made from a simple rectangle. You can follow along with the complete step-by-step video tutorial for this basic, drapey crochet sweater here. And I'd love for you to join in our our Make & Do Crew crochet chatter and inspiration here on Instagram.
3. Maria's Blue Crayon made this adorable Woodland Granny Square Afghan and it is no surprise that it came in first. Wouldn't this be a cute crochet addition in a nature-themed nursery? Follow her on Facebook here.
5. Little Monkey's Crochet has this classic gender-neutral Henry's Baby Blanket as her top free crochet pattern of the year! She has so many other cute designs, too. Make sure to follow her over on Facebook!
7. Persia Lou crafts all the things but has some really cute and modern crochet patterns as well. These quick pom pom slippers were her top post this year. You can follow along with her on Pinterest for lots more DIY inspiration.
8. Whistle and Ivy's top post is this very versatile, knit-looking Crochet Snowfall hat! I have seen A LOT of these getting whipped up in the crochet Facebook groups I am in! Be sure to join Whistle and Ivy's group here. It's one of my favorite Facebook groups to chat crochet in.
9. All About Ami made these adorable Snuggle Bunny Pillows and it is no surprise that is her top free crochet pattern of the year! She also includes instructions on how to customize the cute little bunny face. Make sure you follow along on Instagram.
11. Grey cardigans must have been a popular theme this year because Sewrella's most popular free crochet pattern was this Everyday Cardigan. This is a great staple piece made with one of my favorite new yarns--Lion Brand Touch of Alpaca. Follow Sewrella on Pinterest here.