In this step-by-step crochet shawl video tutorial, we'll learn how to make a simple asymmetrical puff stitch scarf from the free Rising Tide Shawl pattern.
This crochet shawl video tutorial is part of a collaboration with my friends at Lion Brand Yarn. This post contains affiliate links.
Last week I shared the free Rising Tide Shawl pattern and today I'm excited to show you exactly how make this easy project step-by-step. Don't be intimidated by the asymmetrical lacy look of this shawl--it's the perfect almost-mindless project to toss in your bag for doctor's appointments, kids carpools and lunch breaks.
More Free Crochet Scarves + Shawls Patterns
Whether you adore c2c crochet scarves, Tunisian crochet shawls or gorgeous lace scarves, we've got you covered. Many of these patterns make quick gifts to crochet and great gift ideas for Mother's Day.
See more free crochet scarves + shawls patterns →
Who Is This Crochet Shawl Video Tutorial For?
I think the Rising Tide Shawl is a particularly good pattern for less-experienced pattern readers to practice alongside because it's fairly short and concise. Part of learning to read patterns is just figuring out how all the sometimes complicated-sounding crochet lingo actually translates to the simple crochet skills you might already know. With that in mind, I recorded this video tutorial to try to best explain both the written pattern as well as the simple repeats that result from it.
This crochet shawl video tutorial is perfect for:
• Confident beginner crocheters who want to make a scarf that looks way more complicated than it is.
• Visual and auditory learners who like to see and hear things explained.
• Anyone who thinks a puff stitch is scary and complicated. (Which was about 18 months ago! 🙂 )
Rising Tide Crochet Shawl Video Tutorial
Links Referenced In the Video Tutorial:
Find Your Next Crochet Slippers Pattern
See more free crochet slippers & socks patterns →
That was so fun! Now what?
More Free Scarves + Shawls Crochet Patterns
- Beginner Finger Knit Pattern + Video Tutorial
- Asymmetrical Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Mandala Triangle Scarf Pattern
- Lion Brand Mandala Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Boho Blush Crochet Shawl Tutorial
- Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Granny Square Shawl Pattern
- Bobble Scarf Crochet Pattern
You Say You Like Crochet Video Tutorials?
Well, there are lot more of those too! From new crochet stitches to sweaters or flip flop boots, you can always find all my free crochet video tutorials here. Below are a few of the most popular that I think you might particularly enjoy!
1. Revival Scarf - free triangle scarf crochet pattern and video tutorial
2. At First Blush Triangle Scarf - free crochet pattern and video tutorial
3. Alchemy Sweater - free crochet pattern and four part video tutorial series
4. Habitat Cardigan - free crochet pattern made from a simple rectangle and video tutorial