In this step-by-step crochet shawl video tutorial, we'll learn how to make a simple asymmetrical puff stitch scarf from the free Rising Tide Shawl pattern.
This crochet shawl video tutorial is part of a collaboration with my friends at Lion Brand Yarn. This post contains affiliate links.
Last week I shared the free Rising Tide Shawl pattern and today I'm excited to show you exactly how make this easy project step-by-step. Don't be intimidated by the asymmetrical lacy look of this shawl--it's the perfect almost-mindless project to toss in your bag for doctor's appointments, kids carpools and lunch breaks.
Because it's made from two skeins of affordable yarn from Lion Brand (Mandala Baby and Ice Cream), this quick project makes a perfect inexpensive gift idea.
More Free Crochet Scarves + Shawls Patterns
Whether you adore c2c crochet scarves, Tunisian crochet shawls or gorgeous lace scarves, we've got you covered. Many of these patterns make quick gifts to crochet and great gift ideas for Mother's Day.
See more free crochet scarves + shawls patterns →
Who Is This Crochet Shawl Video Tutorial For?
I think the Rising Tide Shawl is a particularly good pattern for less-experienced pattern readers to practice alongside because it's fairly short and concise. Part of learning to read patterns is just figuring out how all the sometimes complicated-sounding crochet lingo actually translates to the simple crochet skills you might already know. With that in mind, I recorded this video tutorial to try to best explain both the written pattern as well as the simple repeats that result from it.
This crochet shawl video tutorial is perfect for:
• Confident beginner crocheters who want to make a scarf that looks way more complicated than it is.
• Visual and auditory learners who like to see and hear things explained.
• Anyone who thinks a puff stitch is scary and complicated. (Which was about 18 months ago! 🙂 )
Rising Tide Crochet Shawl Video Tutorial
Links Referenced In the Video Tutorial:
• Free Pattern: Rising Tide Shawl
• Ad-Free, Printable Pattern PDF with Stitch Chart
- Lion Brand Mandala Baby (color: Wishing Well)
- Lion Brand Ice Cream Sprinkles (color: Cool Mint)
- Alternative colorways mentioned in the video: Mandala Harpy and Ice Cream Vanilla Bean
• Video Tutorial: How to Design Your Own Gradients with Lion Brand Mandala Yarn
That was so fun! Now what?
Invitation to our Facebook group
Come discuss crocheting easy patterns and lots of other crochet projects and techniques in our Make & Do Crew Facebook group. Here thousands of helpful crocheters answer each others questions and share their stitches. Come join us here.
More Free Scarves + Shawls Crochet Patterns
- Beginner Finger Knit Pattern + Video Tutorial
- Asymmetrical Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Mandala Triangle Scarf Pattern
- Lion Brand Mandala Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Boho Blush Crochet Shawl Tutorial
- Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Granny Square Shawl Pattern
- Bobble Scarf Crochet Pattern
You Say You Like Crochet Video Tutorials?
Well, there are lot more of those too! From new crochet stitches to sweaters or flip flop boots, you can always find all my free crochet video tutorials here. Below are a few of the most popular that I think you might particularly enjoy!
1. Revival Scarf - free triangle scarf crochet pattern and video tutorial
2. At First Blush Triangle Scarf - free crochet pattern and video tutorial
3. Alchemy Sweater - free crochet pattern and four part video tutorial series
4. Habitat Cardigan - free crochet pattern made from a simple rectangle and video tutorial
Leave a Reply