In this step-by-step crochet triangle scarf video tutorial we'll learn how to make the free "Dawn Till Dusk" pattern. This easy pattern only takes one skein of Lion Brand Mandala yarn, which makes it a perfect quick gift idea!
This crochet triangle scarf video tutorial is part of a collaboration with my friends at Lion Brand Yarn. This post contains affiliate links.
Last week I shared the free Dawn Till Dusk Triangle Scarf pattern and some of you on Instagram have already whipped them up! (Tag me with @makeanddocrew and use #makeanddocrew to show off your stitches!) This pattern is an updated version of the Desert Winds Triangle Scarf, which has been much loved on the blog over the last couple of years.
Today I'm excited to share a complete step-by-step video tutorial for this simple triangle scarf because it's one of those patterns that I think has tripped up beginners in the past, but it's veeeery simple once you get the hang of it. You can always find all of my free crochet scarf patterns here!
Crochet Triangle Scarf Tips
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you start:
• The free Dawn Till Dusk Triangle Scarf pattern can be found here. It includes two sizes and is designed to be crocheted with Lion Brand Mandala yarn, which is a category 3/light yarn.
• If you're using a different cake-style yarn that's worsted weight, check out the Desert Winds Scarf pattern, which uses a category 4/worsted weight yarn.
• Both the Dawn Till Dusk Scarf and the Desert Winds Scarf are identical in concept, but you'll want to work a different number of rows and use a different hook size based on the weight and yardage of your yarn cake.
• You can purchase an ad-free version of the Dawn Till Dusk Scarf AND the Desert Winds Scarf patterns together in one easily printable PDF here. The PDF includes the stitch charts I share in the video, which can be super helpful to reference back to if you get confused.
More Free Crochet Scarves + Shawls Patterns
Whether you adore c2c crochet scarves, Tunisian crochet shawls or gorgeous lace scarves, we've got you covered. Many of these patterns make quick gifts to crochet and great gift ideas for Mother's Day.
See more free crochet scarves + shawls patterns →
Dawn Till Dusk Crochet Triangle Scarf Video Tutorial
Pin this video tutorial for later here.
Links Mentioned In the Video:
• Get the "Serpent" Mandala yarn (and SO many other colors!) here. The new Mandala Baby line with even more colors can be found here.
• Free Dawn Till Dusk Triangle Scarf pattern.
• Ad-free printable PDF of the Dawn Till Dusk Scarf.
• This is the scale I'm using in the video to weigh my yarn.
Pimp Out Your Crochet Triangle Scarf
While I love the understated look of this simple scarf as is, you can also add some bobbles and bangles to doll yours up even more! Scroll through #makeanddocrew on Instagram to see the ways other crocheters have adorned their scarves.
• Watch the video at the bottom of this post to learn how to make tassels. Place one at each corner of your triangle scarf.
• Try making a bunch of smaller tassels and attaching them along the shorter two triangle sides.
• Fringe is always a winner in my book. Long or short, it looks great on this scarf!
That was so fun! Now what?
Invitation to our Facebook group
Come discuss crocheting Mandala triangle scarf patterns and lots of other crochet projects and techniques in our Make & Do Crew Facebook group. Here thousands of helpful crocheters answer each others questions and share their stitches. Come join us here.
More Free Scarves + Shawls Crochet Patterns
- Lion Brand Mandala Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Boho Blush Crochet Shawl Tutorial
- Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Granny Square Shawl Pattern
- Bobble Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Logan Coffee Shop Wrap Crochet Pattern
- Bixby Endless Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Chunky Yarn Cowl Crochet Pattern
Now that your neck is fancy, you might enjoy some of these other free crochet patterns from Make & Do Crew:
1. The Dwell Sweater - surprisingly easy free crochet sweater pattern and video tutorial
2. The Habitat Cardigan - another really easy free crochet sweater pattern and video tutorial
3. The Revival Scarf - a super squishy free crochet triangle scarf pattern and video tutorial
4. Cabin Boots with Flip Flop Soles - super fun free crochet shoe pattern and video tutorial
Jan Fields says
After frogging it a couple of times because I kept running out of yarn, I finally realized what I was doing wrong. I kept adding an additional 2 DC at the end of the decrease! Once I corrected that, I now have a lovely scarf/shawl! Great video!
Thanks for sharing!
I'm so glad you were able to work it out!
Hazel Fujimoto says
II really like this video for triangle scarf, but. can’t find it in YouTube.
Jess @ Make and Do Crew says
It'll be on Youtube in the next few days. You can watch it in full in this blog post though. It's under the pink title that says "Video Tutorial."