Learn how to make the free At First Blush pattern in this crochet shawl video tutorial. This pattern is much easier than it looks and makes a beautiful four-season shawl, wrap or triangle scarf. Watch the video tutorial below and find the free crochet pattern here.
This crochet shawl video tutorial is part of a collaboration with at Lion Brand Yarn. This post contains affiliate links.
In the wide world of crochet, one of the types of projects that's always intimidated me has been the triangle shawl/wrap/scarf. I have this perception that every crochet shawl requires some complicated method of increasing and decreasing, too much counting and not enough Netflix watching.
Well, not this shawl. As you'll see in the video tutorial below, this pattern follows a simple repeat of puff stitches and double crochet "V's. Once you understand the basic concept of the stitches, you'll have this pattern memorized enough to binge watch ____ (insert your favorite Netflix show here 🙂 ).
Working this project was very relaxing for me because it was simple enough to crochet with other distractions in the background, but not so basic that my brain turned into a bowl full of Jello in the process. I hope you enjoy it too!
More Free Crochet Scarves + Shawls Patterns
Whether you adore c2c crochet scarves, Tunisian crochet shawls or gorgeous lace scarves, we've got you covered. Many of these patterns make quick gifts to crochet and great gift ideas for Mother's Day.
See more free crochet scarves + shawls patterns →
Lion Brand has created a handy kit to accompany this easy crochet shawl video tutorial that includes all the super soft Touch of Alpaca yarn you need to make this project, plus a printed copy of the pattern. Grab your own kit here!
The At First Blush
Crochet Shawl Video Tutorial
Pin this tutorial for later here.
Purchase a kit with all the yarn you need plus a copy of the pattern here!
• Lion Brand Touch of Alpaca Bonus Bundle (Weight: 4/Medium - 415 yds, 7 oz)
- Color: Blush (#124-104) – 2 full skeins
• Tapestry needle
• Size I crochet hook (5.5 mm)
• Tassel maker or 6” cardboard paper towel tube
Links referenced in the video:
• Get the free written pattern here
• Purchase the ad, free printable PDF here.
• View the How To Make a Tassel Out of Yarn video tutorial here.
That was so fun! Now what?
More Free Scarves + Shawls Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Granny Square Shawl Pattern
- Bobble Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Logan Coffee Shop Wrap Crochet Pattern
- Bixby Endless Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Chunky Yarn Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Caron Cakes Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Reversible Tunisian Crochet Scarf Pattern
More Lacy Patterns to Crochet
- 30 Best Free Crochet Doily Patterns
- How to Patch Jeans With Crochet Lace
- How to Crochet the Solomon's Knot Stitch
- Lace Boho Crochet Top
- Simple Puff + Lace Crochet Triangle Scarf
Now that you've mastered this crochet pattern, here are more free crochet patterns you might enjoy. (They all include video tutorials too!)
1. The Dwell Sweater - free simple crochet cardigan pattern + video tutorial
2. The Habitat Cardigan - free beginner crochet sweater pattern + video tutorial
3. The Revival Scarf - fun and squishy free crochet triangle scarf pattern + video tutorial
4. Cabin Boots - turn flip flops into crochet boots with this free pattern + video tutorial