Each of these stitch tutorials is made using multiple colors of yarn to create stunning effects! This crochet stitches list has something for everyone–beginner to advanced.
No one has ever accused me of being adventurous with color (except when I painted every square inch of my tiny bedroom in college a combo of tangerine orange and neon green), but I love looking over this particular crochet stitches list because the combinations are stunning!
Each of these crochet stitch tutorials uses two or more colors of yarn to create a visual pattern. Many of these stitches would create fantastic crochet home decor projects like afghans, pillows or cushions. Someday I would love to make a sampler afghan out of dozens of smaller swatches like this. Don’t these photo collages almost look like little square sampler afghans themselves?
Take a look at this crochet stitches list and see which one catches you eye. It could be a great way to learn a new crochet skill and experiment with a new color combination in the process. (And don’t worry, if you’re like me, you can alway try any of these stitches in a combo of black, white and grey!)
1. Woven Overlay by New Stitch a Day
2. Granny Ripple by The Stitchin Mommy
3. Star Stitch by Lilia Craft Party
4. Larksfoot Stitch by Dream a Little Bigger
5. Two Color Plaited Basketweave by New Stitch a Day
6. Heart Stitch by B.hooked Crochet
7. Lazy Waves by Look at What I Made
8. The Block Stitch by Hopeful Honey
9. Two Color Interlocking Block by New Stitch a Day
10. Plaid Stitch by DIY Everywhere
11. Spike Stitch by Rescued Paw Designs
12. Crosshatch Stitch by New Stitch a Day
13. Tulip Stitch by Hopeful Honey
14. Sand Stitch by The Stitchin’ Mommy
15. Box Stitch by Crochet News
16. Multicolor Crochet by Knit-together
17. Strawberry Stitch by Love Crochet
18. Interlock Crochet by Niccup Crochet
19. Catherine Wheel by Oombawka Design Crochet
20. V Stitch by Hopeful Honey