Need a last minute crochet gift idea? Fear not! This collection of our best fast crochet patterns will tickle your making bone in a jiffy. And a bonus–all these patterns are free!
If like us, you too are feeling a need to step the handmade gift production into high gear, this list of our best fast crochet projects is here to help! Each of these free crochet patterns can be made in less than a day and many of them take just a couple hours.
Whether you need crochet Christmas gift ideas, a quick baby shower crochet pattern, something to make all the teachers, babysitters and helpers in your life or just a speedy “palate cleanser” project for yourself, here are the best patterns to get working on.
You can always find ALL our modern, free crochet patterns here!
Your Favorite Fast Crochet Pattern From M&DC
It’s easy to see why the 1 Hour Crochet Beanie is the most popular fast crochet pattern we’ve designed. Slightly slouchy, super easy to customize and made from just a simple rectangle, this easy crochet hat pattern checks every box. Make one in just about an hour and wear it out tonight! Includes beginner-friendly video tutorial. (Sizes preschool-adult) Pin this pattern for later here.
More of the Best Quick Crochet Projects
2. Saturday Unisex Crochet Slippers – These modern crochet slippers with leather soles make the perfect crochet gift idea for the men (or women!) in your life. Make this easy pattern in a couple of hours! Pin this pattern for later here.
3. Snuggly Crochet Slipper Socks – These simple crochet slipper socks for adults can be personalized to fit men and women of all sizes. The chunky yarn gives them plenty of warmth, squish and durability and allows you to make a pair in 3-4 hours! Pin this pattern for later here.
4. 3 Hour Chunky Crochet Mittens – These simple chunky crochet mittens look knit and can be worked up in about three hours! Add a leather tag for a special handmade touch. Perfect for teachers, babysitters and anyone else who lends a “helping hand” throughout the year. Pin this pattern for later here.
7. Dappled Willow Crochet Bonnet – This easy crochet baby bonnet pattern is modern, gender-neutral and will become your go-to baby shower or holiday gift! By Bonnie May Blue for Make & Do Crew. Pin this pattern for later here.
8. Women’s Sunday Crochet Slippers – This free crochet slippers pattern will satisfy the modern minimalist in you while also making you feel like a DIY gift giving hero. These are quick to work up in chunky yarn and require only basic crochet skills. Pin this pattern for later here.
9. Crochet Bun Cable Beanie – This free crochet bun beanie pattern (AKA ponytail hat) uses only single crochet and chain stitches! Despite its simple construction, the “cabled” look of this beanie is sure to dress up even the messiest of messy buns. Pin this pattern for later here.
10. Hideaway Crochet Cowl – The ribbed-knit look on this free crochet infinity scarf pattern is extremely easy, thanks to a slight variation on basic crochet stitches. Pin this pattern for later here.
11. Easy Koala Crochet Lovey – Make this free crochet lovey pattern for your favorite little marsupial. The crochet koala uses only one skein and some scrap yarn and can be made in a couple of evenings, making it a fast crochet pattern for a baby shower. Pin this pattern for later here.
12. Aspen Socialite Headband – Make it even quicker than they can grow out of it! This knit-look headband can be crocheted in about an hour and is very simple to whip up. Another great fast crochet pattern for a baby shower or birthday gift. (Sizes newborn-toddler) Pin this pattern for later here.
14. Homebody Crochet Slipper Socks – This easy crochet slipper socks pattern is easy to customize for most adult feet and makes a great practical crochet gift idea. By Left in Knots for Make & Do Crew. Pin this pattern for later here.
15. Leather + Crochet Coasters – Giving a bottle of scotch or wine this Christmas? This simple crochet gift can be made with kitchen twine and leather scraps for quick handmade upgrade to your liquid gift! Pin this pattern for later here.
16. Santa’s Helper Elf Hat – Whether you have upcoming Christmas photos or are planning a trip to the North Pole, this festive crochet elf hat with ears is a must for each member of your festive family. (Sizes newborn – adult) Pin this pattern for later here.
WANT MORE FREE PATTERNS?
Get exclusive free crochet patterns, DIY inspiration and project templates that'll knock your handmade socks off!