Here you'll find inspiring, approachable free crochet patterns and easy-to-follow tutorials. Learn new skills and techniques while crocheting something you're proud to claim as handmade.
If you're looking for easy crochet patterns for beginners, don't miss:
- 1.5 Hour Beanie + video tutorial
- Habitat Cardigan + video tutorial
- Magic 2 Hour Slippers + video tutorial
- Most Loved Crochet Categories
- Learn a new skill
- Easy Garments to crochet
- Scarves + Shawls
- Beanies, Hats + Headbands
- Sun hats + Bucket hats
- Slippers + Shoes
- Patterns for the home
- Throw blankets + afghans
- Baby blanket patterns
- Unique blankets
- Corner to Corner Crochet Patterns
- Clothing + Accessories for Kiddos
- Amigurumi patterns
- Tunisian Crochet Patterns
- Purses + Bags
- What to Make with Granny Squares
- Stitch Tutorials
- Patterns Using Lion Brand Yarn
- Browse By Holiday
- Browse By season
- Where to Find Free Crochet Patterns
- How to follow crochet patterns
- Purchase Our Printable Pattern PDFS
Most Loved Crochet Categories
Learn a new skill
Don't stop at single crochet; there's so much more to learn! Add a new stitch or technique to your repertoire with these in-depth tutorials.
Easy Garments to crochet
Have you always wanted to crochet a sweater, but don't know where to start? Or maybe you believe crochet garments can't match the drape or style of knitting.
Our free crochet sweaters, cardigans, ponchos, tops, and tanks will convince you! Crochet garments can be flattering and as easy as combining a series of rectangles.
You'll find a range of sizes in each of our modern garment patterns, including plus sizes. Many of our adult sweaters extend to size 5X. Plus, our free crochet patterns often include many customization suggestions, which means you can make a unique piece of clothing that fits your body and style.
Check out our favorite free sweater and cardigan patterns for adults if you'd like to browse various styles. And if you think making a dress is way outside your skillset, let this collection of approachable crochet dress patterns prove you wrong.
Scarves + Shawls
Making scarves and shawls can often be just the right mix of interesting and meditative crochet stitches. Whether you prefer lace, puff stitches, pocket shawls, or Tunisian crochet, we've got a scarf pattern for you to enjoy.
If you prefer to browse, check out our lists of favorites:
• 20+ Pocket Shawls to Keep You Cozy
• 30+ Beautiful Crochet Shawls + Wraps
• 27+ Easy Scarf Patterns
• 30+ Prayer Shawls to Make With Love
See more free crochet scarves + shawls →
Beanies, Hats + Headbands
From bun beanies to berets, our crochet hats and headbands are quick, modern projects perfect for making as gifts. Of course, we won't blame you if you keep a few for yourself.
For a whole lot of headwear inspo, check out these handpicked collections of free patterns:
• 27+ Free Crochet Hats + Beanies
• 35+ Quick and Easy Chunky Hats
See more free beanies + headbands →
Sun hats + Bucket hats
The structured nature of crochet stitches is perfect for making packable, comfortable sun hats.
Don't know where to start? Our Cleo Fedora Sun Hat pattern has been enjoyed by thousands of makers looking for shade and style. You can't go wrong with our Scrappy Crochet Bucket Hat if you want a versatile pattern for kids and adults.
Slippers + Shoes
Let's keep your feet cozy! Crochet slippers patterns are ideal for making gifts and we happen to have some very quick and easy options. The Sunday Slippers Pattern for women is a reader favorite, and the Saturday Slippers for men are a great gift for Father's Day.
For a non-slip, super comfortable sole, you can't miss our crochet shoes made with flip-flop soles. Curious to learn more about this creative technique? We answer all your questions, including "will they fall apart!?" in this guide to crocheting on flip flops.
And if you only have a couple hours, you'll love making these Magic Crochet Slippers for toddlers, kids, and adults!
See more free crochet slippers & socks patterns →
Patterns for the home
Here you'll find modern crochet patterns that are both functional and beautiful.
- Easiest Beginner Corner to Corner Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 35 Crochet Scrap Yarn Projects - Free Patterns
- Chroma Stripes Multicolor Crochet Blanket - Easy Free Pattern
- Easy Crochet Potholder - Double-Thick Thermal Pattern
- Farmhouse Easy Crochet Kitchen Towel - Free Pattern
- 30 Best Free Crochet Doily Patterns - Easy to Advanced
See more free decor patterns →
Throw blankets + afghans
- Modern Patchwork Crochet Blanket Free Pattern
- 40 Best Easy Crochet Stitches for Blankets and Afghans
- 33 Crochet Borders and Edgings for Blankets - Free Patterns
- Fast Chunky Crochet Blanket - Free Pattern [5 sizes]
- How To Design your Dream Temperature Blanket + 25 Patterns
- Easy Ripple Crochet Pattern - Beginner Blanket
See more free throw blanket patterns →
Baby blanket patterns
See more free baby blanket patterns →
See more free unique blanket patterns →
Corner to Corner Crochet Patterns
See more free c2c crochet patterns →
Clothing + Accessories for Kiddos
When you want a quick project, it doesn't get any cuter than modern crochet patterns for kids.
- How to Crochet a Flower for Beginners + 33 Easy Patterns
- 30 Free Crochet Dress Patterns - Easy to Advanced
- Children's Crochet Pocket Scarf - by Bonnie May Blue
- Kid's Crochet Sweater Dress - Free Pattern by Esme & Aven
- Kaleidoscope Kids Crochet Sweater Pattern - Free
- The Cleo Fedora Mini - Free Crochet Sun Hat Pattern for Kids
See more free wearable patterns for kids + babies →
Whether you already know how to crochet amigurumi or you're just getting started, we've got you covered with adorable free crochet patterns. If you're new to crocheting toys, check out the easiest amigurumi patterns for beginners. And regardless of your skill level, you won't want to miss our favorite free animal patterns.
See more free amigurumi patterns →
Tunisian Crochet Patterns
See more free Tunisian crochet patterns →
Purses + Bags
See more free crochet bags & purses patterns →
What to Make with Granny Squares
Bobbles, shells, picots, and more! Learn the crochet knit stitch, how to crochet a hexagon, or find your new favorite blanket stitch.
See more free crochet stitch tutorials →
Patterns Using Lion Brand Yarn
We're proud to partner with Lion Brand Yarn for many of our free crochet patterns. If you're new to Lion Brand, let us show you some of our favorite yarns.
• Try Wool-Ease Thick & Quick to make a chunky blanket, fast beanie, or squishy chukka slipper boots.
• Use Chainette for a cozy, yet airy beret or an easy Tunisian triangle scarf.
• Pound of Love is economical for making large projects like a fast chunky blanket or a crocheted bean bag pouf.
• Hue + Me's range of mix-and-match colors makes it one of our favorites for beginner scarf patterns and chunky cocoon cardigans.
• And a perennial favorite, Lion Brand Mandala crochet patterns are always colorful, and cheerful, and often include fewer ends to weave in.
Crochet Kits from Lion Brand
Many of our patterns are available as crochet kits directly from LionBrand.com. When you purchase a kit, you'll receive all the yarn you need in your choice of colors and a printable PDF version of the crochet pattern.
Browse By Holiday
Whether you'd like to make a Santa's Elf Hat for Christmas or a floppy-eared crochet bunny beanie for Easter, we've covered you with the most festive free crochet patterns for holidays.
Where to Find Free Crochet Patterns
How to follow crochet patterns
Purchase Our Printable Pattern PDFS
We value being able to offer digital versions of our crochet patterns for free, but we know many people prefer to download and print their patterns. Our premium PDFs are ad-free and formatted for easy printing.
What Can I Crochet in 1 Hour?
A beginner amigurumi pattern is a great option if you only have one hour to crochet something. Already have some amigurumi skills? You could likely finish many of these animal patterns in about an hour.
When you need a last-minute gift or want to make something you can wear, the Magic Rectangle Slippers and 1.5 Hour Beanie are fun options.