Here you'll find inspiring, approachable free crochet patterns and easy-to-follow tutorials. Learn new skills and techniques while you crochet something you're proud to claim as handmade.
If you're looking for easy crochet patterns for beginners, don't miss:
- 1.5 Hour Beanie + video tutorial
- Habitat Cardigan + video tutorial
- Magic 2 Hour Slippers + video tutorial
Most Loved Crochet Categories
Easy Garments to crochet
Have you always wanted to crochet a sweater, but haven't known where to start? Or maybe you believe crochet garments can't match the drape or style of knitting.
Our free crochet sweaters, cardigans, ponchos and tops will convince you! Crochet garments can be both flattering and as easy as combining a series of rectangles.
You'll find a range of sizes in each of our garment patterns, including plus sizes. Many of our sweaters extend to size 5X. Plus our free crochet patterns often include many customization suggestions, which means that you can make a one-of-a-kind piece of clothing that fits your body and style.
If you'd like to browse a variety of styles, be sure to check out our favorite free sweater patterns.
Scarves + Shawls
Making scarves and shawls can often be just the right mix of interesting and meditative crochet stitches. Whether you prefer lace, puff stitches, pocket shawls, or Tunisian crochet, we've got a scarf pattern for you to enjoy.
See more free crochet scarves + shawls →
Beanies, Hats + Headbands
- Free Crochet Elf Hat Pattern (With Ears!) - Baby-Adult Sizes
- How to Crochet a Hat - Beginner Ribbed Beanie
- Free Crochet Bunny Hat Pattern (Newborn-Child)
- Faux Cabled Crochet Bun Beanie - Free Pattern + Video Tutorial
- Pineapple Crown Beginner Crochet Cable Hat - Free Pattern
- How to Crochet a Baby Hat Video Tutorial (With Child + Adult Sizes, Too!)
See more free beanies + headbands →
Sun hats + Bucket hats
See more sun hat patterns →
Slippers + Shoes
Let's keep your feet cozy! Crochet slippers patterns are ideal for making gifts and we happen to have some very quick and easy options. The Sunday Slippers Pattern for women is a reader favorite, and the Saturday Slippers make a great gift for Father's Day.
For a non-slip, super comfortable sole, you can't miss our crochet shoes made with flip-flop soles. Curious to learn more about this creative technique? We answer all your questions, including "will they fall apart!?" in this guide to crocheting on flip flops.
See more free crochet slippers & socks patterns →
Patterns for the home
- Easy Crochet Heart Pillow - Free Pattern
- Absolute Easiest Free Crochet Pumpkin Pattern
- Dollar Store Twine + Thrifted Belt Free Crochet Basket Pattern
- How to Crochet a Mirror Wall Hanging - by Crafting by Lucy
- Christmas Crochet Pillow - Free Pattern by The Turtle Trunk
- C2C Crochet Pillow Cover - Free Pattern by Fly the Distance Co.
See more free decor patterns →
Throw blankets + afghans
See more free throw blanket patterns →
Baby blanket patterns
See more free baby blanket patterns →
See more free unique blanket patterns →
Corner to Corner Crochet Patterns
See more free c2c crochet patterns →
Clothing + Accessories for Kiddos
- Children's Crochet Pocket Scarf - by Bonnie May Blue
- Kid's Crochet Sweater Dress - Free Pattern by Esme & Aven
- Kaleidoscope Kids Crochet Sweater Pattern - Free
- The Absolute Easiest Adult, Child + Baby Hat Crochet Pattern
- Raglan Crochet Baby Sweater - Free Pattern by The Moule Hole
- Idlewild Free Crochet Dress Pattern With Video Tutorial
See more free wearable patterns for kids + babies →
Whether you already know how to crochet amigurumi or you're just getting started, we've got you covered with adorable free crochet patterns. If you're new to crocheting toys, check out the easiest amigurumi patterns for beginners. And regardless of your skill level, you won't want to miss our favorite free animal patterns.
See more free amigurumi patterns →
Tunisian Crochet Patterns
See more free Tunisian crochet patterns →
Purses + Bags
See more free crochet bags & purses patterns →
What to MAKE with Granny Squares
See more free crochet stitch tutorials →
Patterns Using Lion Brand Yarn
Where to Find Free Crochet Patterns
How to follow crochet patterns
Purchase Our Printable Premium PDFS
On Love Crafts
Save Our Patterns on Ravelry
What can I crochet in 1 hour?
If you've only got one hour to crochet something, a beginner amigurumi pattern is a great option. Already have some amigurumi skills? You could likely finish many of these animal patterns in about an hour. When you need a last-minute gift or just want to make something you can wear, the Magic Rectangle Slippers and 1.5 Hour Beanie are perfect options.