Here you'll find inspiring, approachable free crochet patterns and easy-to-follow tutorials. Learn new skills and techniques while crocheting something you're proud to claim as handmade.
If you're looking for easy crochet patterns for beginners, don't miss:
- 1.5 Hour Beanie + video tutorial
- Habitat Cardigan + video tutorial
- Magic 2 Hour Slippers + video tutorial
- Most Loved Crochet Categories
- Learn a new skill
- Easy Garments to crochet
- Scarves + Shawls
- Beanies, Hats + Headbands
- Sun hats + Bucket hats
- Slippers + Shoes
- Patterns for the home
- Throw blankets + afghans
- Baby blanket patterns
- Unique blankets
- Corner to Corner Crochet Patterns
- Clothing + Accessories for Kiddos
- Amigurumi patterns
- Tunisian Crochet Patterns
- Purses + Bags
- What to Make with Granny Squares
- Stitch Tutorials
- Patterns Using Lion Brand Yarn
- Browse By Holiday
- Browse By season
- Where to Find Free Crochet Patterns
- How to follow crochet patterns
- Purchase Our Printable Pattern PDFS
Most Loved Crochet Categories
Easy Garments to crochet
Have you always wanted to crochet a sweater, but don't know where to start? Or maybe you believe crochet garments can't match the drape or style of knitting.
Our free crochet sweaters, cardigans, ponchos, tops, and tanks will convince you! Crochet garments can be flattering and as easy as combining a series of rectangles.
You'll find a range of sizes in each of our modern garment patterns, including plus sizes. Many of our adult sweaters extend to size 5X. Plus, our free crochet patterns often include many customization suggestions, which means you can make a unique piece of clothing that fits your body and style.
Check out our favorite free sweater and cardigan patterns for adults if you'd like to browse various styles. And if you think making a dress is way outside your skillset, let this collection of approachable crochet dress patterns prove you wrong.
Scarves + Shawls
Making scarves and shawls can often be just the right mix of interesting and meditative crochet stitches. Whether you prefer lace, puff stitches, pocket shawls, or Tunisian crochet, we've got a scarf pattern for you to enjoy.
See more free crochet scarves + shawls →
Beanies, Hats + Headbands
See more free beanies + headbands →
Sun hats + Bucket hats
The structured nature of crochet stitches is perfect for making packable, comfortable sun hats.
Don't know where to start? Our Cleo Fedora Sun Hat pattern has been enjoyed by thousands of makers looking for shade and style. You can't go wrong with our Scrappy Crochet Bucket Hat if you want a versatile pattern for kids and adults.
Slippers + Shoes
Let's keep your feet cozy! Crochet slippers patterns are ideal for making gifts and we happen to have some very quick and easy options. The Sunday Slippers Pattern for women is a reader favorite, and the Saturday Slippers for men are a great gift for Father's Day.
For a non-slip, super comfortable sole, you can't miss our crochet shoes made with flip-flop soles. Curious to learn more about this creative technique? We answer all your questions, including "will they fall apart!?" in this guide to crocheting on flip flops.
And if you only have a couple hours, you'll love making these Magic Crochet Slippers for toddlers, kids, and adults!
See more free crochet slippers & socks patterns →
Patterns for the home
Here you'll find modern crochet patterns that are both functional and beautiful.
- 35 Crochet Pillow Patterns For Cozy, Handmade Style
- 30 Free Crochet Basket Patterns To Contain the Clutter
- Free Crochet Cat Bed Pattern (for Dogs Too)
- Easiest Beginner Corner to Corner Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 35 Crochet Scrap Yarn Projects - Free Patterns
- Chroma Stripes Multicolor Crochet Blanket - Easy Free Pattern
See more free decor patterns →
Throw blankets + afghans
- Modern Crochet Waffle Stitch Blanket Pattern + Tutorial
- Easy Tunisian Crochet Blanket Pattern for Beginners
- How to Crochet a Blanket + Free Beginner Pattern
- Free Double Crochet Blanket Pattern | Easy and Relaxing
- Chevron Crochet Blanket - Easy Zig Zag Pattern
- Modern Patchwork Crochet Blanket Free Pattern
See more free throw blanket patterns →
Baby blanket patterns
See more free baby blanket patterns →
See more free unique blanket patterns →
Corner to Corner Crochet Patterns
See more free c2c crochet patterns →
Clothing + Accessories for Kiddos
When you want a quick project, it doesn't get any cuter than modern crochet patterns for kids.
- Mini Mezzo Crochet Cardigan - Kids Sizes 4-12
- How to Crochet a Flower for Beginners + 33 Easy Patterns
- 30 Free Crochet Dress Patterns - Easy to Advanced
- Free Crochet Elf Hat Pattern (With Ears!) - Baby-Adult Sizes
- Free Crochet Bunny Hat Pattern (Newborn-Child)
- Children's Crochet Pocket Scarf - by Bonnie May Blue
See more free wearable patterns for kids + babies →
Whether you already know how to crochet amigurumi or you're just getting started, we've got you covered with adorable free crochet patterns. If you're new to crocheting toys, check out the easiest amigurumi patterns for beginners. And regardless of your skill level, you won't want to miss our favorite free animal patterns.
See more free amigurumi patterns →
Tunisian Crochet Patterns
See more free Tunisian crochet patterns →
Purses + Bags
See more free crochet bags & purses patterns →
What to Make with Granny Squares
- Easy Granny Square Vest - Free Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Sunburst (Sunflower) Granny Square Pattern + Tutorial
- Granny Square Projects - 43 Patterns You'll Love
- 36 Unique Granny Square Patterns + Tips for the Perfect Square
- Crochet Hooded Baby Blanket - Free Charity Pattern
- How to Turn a Crochet Circle into a Granny Square
- Ribbed Crochet Stitches: How to Add Ribbing to Any Project
- How to Double (dc) for Beginners (And Fix Mistakes)
- How to Crochet Puff Stitches: Complete Beginner's Guide
- How to Half Double Crochet Stitch (HDC) for Beginners
- Video Tutorial: How to Crochet the Side Saddle Stitch
- Herringbone Double Crochet Stitch - Easy Video Tutorial
See more free crochet stitch tutorials →
Patterns Using Lion Brand Yarn
We're proud to partner with Lion Brand Yarn for many of our free crochet patterns. If you're new to Lion Brand, let us show you some of our favorite yarns.
• And a perennial favorite, Lion Brand Mandala crochet patterns are always colorful, and cheerful, and often include fewer ends to weave in.
Crochet Kits from Lion Brand
Many of our patterns are available as crochet kits directly from LionBrand.com. When you purchase a kit, you'll receive all the yarn you need in your choice of colors and a printable PDF version of the crochet pattern.
Where to Find Free Crochet Patterns
How to follow crochet patterns
Purchase Our Printable Pattern PDFS
We value being able to offer digital versions of our crochet patterns for free, but we know many people prefer to download and print their patterns. Our premium PDFs are ad-free and formatted for easy printing.
What Can I Crochet in 1 Hour?
A beginner amigurumi pattern is a great option if you only have one hour to crochet something. Already have some amigurumi skills? You could likely finish many of these animal patterns in about an hour.